Day 3: Another Tough Night

by Cat Crazy

Day 3 started okay and it seemed to go fairly well into evening. C&P played for the first time and ate and drank well.  During the day they got to view both Caesar and Mac for a bit.  This time Pepe hissed, but otherwise detente seemed to be in place.

That night, I fell asleep quickly and slept deeply until about 2:30 a.m.  I woke thinking I’d heard a kitty cry, so got up to investigate. I didn’t see any of the Trio nearby, so went into Corky’s and Pepe’s room to see what was up.  They seemed okay, although Corky was clearly agitated.  I went back to my bedroom and grabbed a blanket and pillow and headed back to their room figuring I’d spend the rest of the night with them. They got brushed and petted and cuddled, then I stretched out across the bed and tried to doze off to sleep.  Corky kept crying softly and pacing around. He even attacked his brother.  I got up multiple times and tried to comfort him. I tried snacks, games, pets, brushes, you name it.  Maybe he was going stir-crazy from being confined to a small bedroom for days on end without his human.

IMG_2312I’m not sure what gave me the idea, but about 4:00 a.m. I suddenly thought about catnip.  I don’t think they got a lot of kitty drugs at home, but I’ve long been the neighborhood catnip purveyor, so pulled out a package of potent organic nippy and spread it on their little “sherpa” rug.  Wowza, did that go over well. They both enjoyed the catnip so much that I gave them another dose.  Then everyone settled down and the human wandered back to her bed for a few more hours of sleep, waking late from a terrible nightmare (involving kitty disasters and crazy crimes).  Not the best way to start a work day, but everyone still has all their limbs and eyes, so that’s got to count for something…right?


After breakfast I gave them some more of the wildwood weed. They love it.  Guess I’d better go invest in a big container.


(c) Copyright 2015, PeggyMalnati. All rights reserved. Photos my own.